Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Accessibility for All

I am so glad that Mr. Sullivan took the time to educate us about not only the blind that may very well be in our future classrooms but also how to accommodate those students. I was not aware that there are so many different kinds of software to help visually impaired people in so many ways. I really liked the piece that was like a regular keyboard but was a blind person's computer. The fact that it is portable is very nice since I know that I use my own laptop very often. The software that spoke the website to the user was not as enjoyable to me. I assume that it could be loaded onto a laptop as well and then could be portable just like the other piece of equipment. Knowing that these technological resources and the agency that he works for are available is a tool that all teachers should have.

1 comment:

Susan Smith said...

Like your blog, it is so true how everything needs to be accessible for all.
susan