Friday, August 22, 2008

Keller

Hey y'all! I'm Keller. I've never done a blog before so we'll see how this goes. I've never realized how hard it is to write about myself until this very moment. I'm an elementary education major. My mother is an elementary special needs teacher, both of my first cousins are elementary teachers, my aunt is a teacher, and most of my distant cousins are teachers. I guess some things are just inherited. I'm an only child and my parents and I are extremely close. I grew up in Grove Hill, Alabama. I love being in Mobile for school but Grove Hill is home. I chose South originally because I was a biomedical sciences major with plans of going to medical school. I did well in my biomedical sciences classes and had several years of volunteer experience at a local hospital. When it came down to it though, my heart really wasn't in it. I liked the idea of having a great title and making lots of money but I did not like the idea of being away from my future family so much. After some thinking, I realized what I was meant to do so now I'm an elementary education major. My family, my boyfriend, and my sorority sisters have been there for me through all of this deliberation and I am forever grateful for the many times they all have heard me sheepishly say, "So...I've been thinking and...".
Speaking of my sorority, I'm an Alpha Gamma Delta and I absolutely love it! My sisters are my heart. I can not stand being away from them and I truly do not know what I will do when I have to leave them. If any of you ladies are interested in sorority life, feel free to talk to me about it. I was not Greek for an entire year of college and going Greek was one of the best decisions I made. There is a popular quote in sorority life that says, "From the outside looking in, you can never understand it. From the inside looking out, you can never explain it." Sororities are so much more than a bunch of giggling, half-grown girls acting silly. Alpha Gamma Delta raises money for the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation. The Foundation, in turn, provides leadership opportunities, scholarships, and SIS grants to the sisters. The Foundation also devotes a huge portion of its time and funding to diabetes research and education, especially in the area of juvenile diabetes.
Okay, this is enough about me. I have to leave some surprises for my presentation!

2 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joye said...

Your dog is cute. What kind of dog is he? We have two labs, one black and one yellow.
Joye Wiggins