Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our very own pod casts!

Wow! We did it, y'all! We made our own pod casts! Yay for us! I am so proud of all of us for doing something new. I find that doing something new, even if it may be easier, is always harder than doing a more difficult version of something that we already do. Doing the pod casts really wasn't that hard. It was just a new thing for us to do.
With that being said, there is always room for improvement. With the pod cast that my group did, I think we could have practiced a bit more so that we were more comfortable with what we were talking about. I know that my absence from class the week before due to a horrendous migraine did not help matters any. It took Joy, Rachael, and me some time to really get the nervousness out and to feel confident talking about blogging. Again, another pro of blogging is that you can kind of hide behind your computer and not worry so much about having to try to conceal a very thick Southern accent.
I know that my own accent is very thick but I think I may have met my match in Bridget. The more that I listen to pod casts though, I think an accent makes the pod casts unique and helps to connect the voice with a person. Go ahead and say "y'all", Bridget. :D Bridget, Susan, and Angela talked about ACCESS and I think that the coolest part about their pod cast is that Susan actually attended class held by ACCESS.
Over all, I think that most of the pod casts could have benefited by being a bit more rehearsed and having the group members more comfortable with themselves, each other, and the topics at hand. However, I think that for the first time pod casting, we did pretty well!

4 comments:

Marlena said...

I agree with the fact that all were awesome! We could all have rehearsed more though like you said.

Jennifer Averitt said...

Excellent self evaluation. As I had said in class, "practice, practice, and practice" I have no answers for the southern accent. I too have a strong accent, but only on audio ;)

Ms. Bridget said...

Hey girl! The podcast were all great, but you just gotta love those southern accents. I think accents are a true sign of a southern belle.

Susan Smith said...

Great Job Keller. I agree with Bridget, those southern accents are great.